Friday, May 27, 2011

Fighting the Good Fight

For you moms out there I think that you will all agree that you want the best nutrition for our children.  So one of the things I do is I try to steer clear of things like mac and cheese, ramen noodles and hot dogs.  In fact my 7 year old came home from a playdate once and said, "Mom, we had the best lunch, it can from a box and it was cheesy- iloved it".  I found myself smuggly proud that I was the kind of mom who did not feed her children this 'stuff'.  Well, having four kids I have realized that I don't want to be too rigid- afraid of future eating disorder issues, i am slowly introducing things like hot dogs and mac and cheese into our diet (I still can't do ramen noodles).

Here you see what my 2 year old did while I was in the shower.  He pushes the kitchen chair to the fridge and helped himself.  This is a boy who knows what he wants.


"Opps!  Mom caught us, if we look cute maybe she won't get upset."


Here they are together- Ben lovingly protecting his loot.

Rather tight grip!



So here is the debate..is it OK to let my children eat raw (presmoked) hot dogs?  To help you make an informed decision, here is what the USA FDA says.

Love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment