Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Quilt Along- Skill Building


Swim, Bike, Quilt



I am so impressed with myself because I have built some very nice blocks.  They are not perfect, however, I attempted them and they resemble the original.  I did make an error on the first one- but I decided that it didn't look too bad that way.  It is supposed to be the star on the right-






Day One: The Virginia Star























Day 2
Ta da






















Day 3

























I have always wanted to make a red and white traditional style quilt, so I am very excited about this one. I hope I have enough fabric.  I am really trying to use my stash.  I am enjoying the challenge of following directions and taking the time I need to learn new things- this is opening up new possiblities.
I am loving the process.


As a bonus:  I received these lovely batiks from Lesly over at     I am going to make Virginia Stars with these amazing rainbow colours.  I have never worked with batiks before so this will be a great outcome I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment