Monday, June 27, 2011

With Thanks

What a fun surprise for Carin to find!!

I was given this fabric.  I feel bad these quilts are a bit wrinkly!!

What a bright and cheerful quilt.

A single mom of three young boys made this- her first quilt.  I added the border and did the
 quilting on my long arm.

I didn't make this one but found it at the thirft store for 5 dollars, it had never been used.  I can't
believe the detail of the stitching and then the quilting- very sweet.  I loved the prairie
points on the edge.

This is another sweet girly quilt with silky embrodery floss for the ties.

There seems to be a shortage of boy quilts and this one SCREAMS boy quilt.  The football backing
was awesome.  My eight year old thought it was super cool.
Last summer I taught some ladies and young women from church how to make a simple quilt.  Many ladies at church offered to cut squares and rectangles for the project.  I supplied the fabric and the church provided the batting.  We made quite a few and donated them to Project Linus.

When I saw Kate's post about the 100 quilts project I was once again spurred into action.  My book club wanted to do a service project so I started to put together tops for tying. Well I was able to make 5 quilts.
So I am happy to say that I was able to donate 6 quilts to Margaret's Hope Chest.  Carin moves away from Toronto on Wednesday so I wanted to be able to donate them personally to her.

We went and saw our prophet on Saturday and on the way back we popped over to Carin's.  Unfortunately she wasn't home so I pulled the quilts out of the bag and took a few pictures.  I am trying to document my various creations.

One of the reasons I have named my blog Sisters In Sewing is that a global scale we are all brothers and sisters and need to help and care for each other.  Making these quilts and taking care of them is just another way to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment