Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Star Gift


This fabric was a gift from Lesly over at http://pickledish.blogspot.com/.  I have never received fabric in the mail as a gift and I was so touched by her generosity.  As I am working on the Summer Series, I came across this block and loved it so much that I decided to do it for my quilt.  I was very lucky that I had enough fabric.  It was pretty close in the end, but I squeaked by.  Now I will purchase the border and backing because I have zero batik in my stash.  This is the first time I have ever worked with batiks- they are fun.
 Thanks Lesly, this was a fun project.

1 comment:

  1. Dara, these stars are gorgeous! I'm so tickled that you got such good use out of those FQs! Thanks for sharing the photos - enjoy your quilt in good health!

    ReplyDelete