Friday, January 20, 2012

Linking Up to Quilt Finish Up's


My husband's co-worker's wife just had a sweet baby girl and we had them over for supper.  He asked me to make her a quilt- here it is.




I didn't have a lot of time for it so I decided to make the piecing simple and then embellish it with the flower- love how it turned out.  The main floral print was a new crib sheet I found and the co-ordinating green was some fabric I bought at Jo-Ann's two years ago.  The backing (not shown) was from my stash that I bought 7 years ago!!

I have wonderful news!!  I am the proud owner of a brand new brother Nouvelle 1500s (very similar to the Juki 98 Q).  It is a dream- here are some of the quilts I quilted this week-


I've had this car fabric for at least 9 years- yikes.  I love the way the co-ordinating fabric  goes.  I have a red and white polka dot fabric for the bindng.  I am keeping one for the new baby and the other one will go in the shop .
Add caption


I won this fabric (only time I ever won any quilt give away anything).  I love the swirls.







I love this sweet fabric and decided to use this minkee that I have had in my stash for 6 years.  I  am a little worried that it my be a little to dark for the front of the quilt but I have really got to use from my stash and I think once the binding is on it'll tie it all together.
These aren't techincally finished but the speed that I can go now- they will be bound and completed in no time.  It really is amazing what great tools/equipment can make in the process.

3 comments:

  1. you are a busy lady!!! those look great - I love the applique on the baby girl one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in from Amanda's blog. Love the baby quilt, so bright and fresh! That car fabric is lovely too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!. Found you through Amanda's blog. I also have the Brother PQ1500S! I love the machine!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete